Highly accomplished, dynamic, and organized professional with unique background in film and music entertainment complemented by independent consulting and project management skills. Demonstrate commitment to social impact initiatives and serve as collaborative and engaged resource. Leverage critical and creative thinking skills in purpose-driven environments dedicated to facilitating positive global change in entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture. Recognized for unique problem-solving capabilities and developing and sharing techniques to streamline work.
Assumed increasing levels of accountability and authority over tenure contributing to 19 feature films & soundtracks, multiple TV, DVD specials and special projects, 5 major franchises (Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, How To Train Your Dragon, Trolls) across 3 distribution deals (Paramount, Fox, Universal) and during division launches of DreamWorks Animation TV, location-based entertainment, and Oriental DreamWorks.
Oversaw professional efforts of music managers, coordinators, and interns. Shared information and advice that inspired trust, support, and confidence. Developed talent in fast-paced environment.
• Communicated with studio executives, department heads, and filmmakers in clear and effective manner to address challenges associated with music production related to original scores and songs.
• Supervised music deliverables for film, TV, DVD projects, custom animation, and soundtracks from pre-production to final dub.
• Liaised between music department of film studio and outside music crew; maintained understanding of production pipeline and managed critical meetings, budgets, legal documents, credits, events, travel, and marketing initiatives.
• Managed multi-million-dollar budgets and contributed to movies that collectively grossed $1B+. Engaged with diverse resources to develop and achieve deliverables, timelines, and work plans.
• Oversaw score production during development of location-based entertainment division with projects in North America, London, China, and Dubai, as well as Oriental DreamWorks (China) during its first co-production with DreamWorks Animation (Kung Fu Panda 3).• Serviced new music department beyond feature animation as part of inaugural launch of DreamWorks Animation TV distributed exclusively by Netflix.
• Managed licensing issues and functioned as in-house union specialist, forging alliances and relationships with representatives from SAG / AFTRA, AFM, IATSE, and MU.
• Oversaw orchestral scoring sessions in London and Shanghai for 80-100 piece orchestras and choirs recording at Abbey Road Studios and Air Lyndhurst Studios. Collaborated with notable composers, music producers, engineers, recording artists, and musicians.
• Interacted with music distributors, labels, agents and managers, production, and marketing regarding assets, structuring soundtrack deals, securing approvals.
• Contributed as music department transition lead and trainer during 2016 merger with Comcast NBCUniversal.
Serve as music consultant to entertainment industry clients, including New Line Cinema (Warner Bros.), Laika, DreamWorks Animation, NBCUniversal, and others. Liaise with composers and production studio to facilitate timely and successful completion of music in live action and animated films, TV, and location-based entertainment.
• Contributed to projects that included: Underworld: Awakening (Lakeshore), Puss In Boots (DreamWorks Animation), ParaNorman (Laika), Blue Planet 2 (BBC), Kung Fu Panda: The Emperor's Quest (Universal Studios Hollywood), Vida (Starz), TAG (New Line).
• Served as ongoing senior music point-of-contact for clients to deliver superior experience and service. Provided troubleshooting to address issues and service delivery.
• Managed projects and priorities simultaneously; developed realistic, executable plans to achieve outcomes.
Affiliations: American Federation of Musicians, Local 47; Women in Animation
Innovation: Creative Soul Investigation. Created proprietary self-development tools used to help people connect with creativity
Language: Conversational fluency in Mandarin Chinese & French
Volunteer: Music mentoring & coaching, LGBTQ nonprofit (The Queer Lounge at Sundance, LA Pride), Crowdfunding campaigner, Homeless outreach (Welcome Home Project), Invisible Children (4th Estate Leadership Summit UCLA)